CHARIS NYC: STILL+SILENT RETREAT
November 6 - 8, 2015 | Friday evening - Sunday afternoon
Introducing a brand-new original retreat for 2015! The Charis NYC team has developed Still+Silent, a brand-new retreat that introduces Catholics in their 20s-30s to the rich tradition of the silent retreat, and other, various forms of meditative prayer.
Find the stillness you need.
Enter into the silence you desire.
CHARIS NYC presents this peer-led weekend Still+Silent Retreat.
- Experience a deeper kind of quiet while being guided in different modes of Ignatian prayer
- Receive individual spiritual direction to help you reflect on your experience of silent prayer
- Emerge from the retreat with approaches to integrating silence in your daily life
At a Glance
- What: Still+Silent Retreat - a peer-led weekend retreat, rooted in Ignatian spirituality and the Jesuit tradition
- When: Friday, Nov. 6 (dinner) - Sunday, Nov. 8 (Mass & lunch), 2015.
- Where: Mariandale Retreat Center, Ossining NY.
- Who: Presented by Charis NYC, for Catholics in their 20s-30s.
- Cost: $275 per person. Financial aid and payment plans available! Payment or financial arrangements due at registration.
- Register: Deadline is Nov. 1. Click the button below to start your registration!
What to Expect
Our Still+Silent Retreat is an introduction to silence for men and women in their 20s and 30s, regardless of where you are in your own faith journey, and what your previous experiences with silence might be. The only prerequisite is the desire to find quiet and contemplative space in which to go deeper with your relationship with God.
Still+Silent will introduce you to the rich history of silence in the Roman Catholic tradition including Christian contemplation, meditation, and silence. In the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, this retreat uses silence as a tool to quiet the thinking mind and make space in which to listen to the voice of God. It is an opportunity to disengage the exterior world in order to be more attentive to the interior world.
Important Information: Please Read Carefully!
- Payment (online via Paypal) or financial arrangements due at Registration.
- Financial assistance and payment plans are available! Do not let cost stand in the way of a grace-filled retreat weekend. Please contact us at CharisRetreatNYC@gmail.com for details.
- Help us provide Charis NYC scholarships, by making a donation of any amount. No amount is too small, to help fellow young adults find their grace on retreat, too. Click here to donate!
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations accepted, for 50% refund of Registration Fee, up through Friday, October 23. After Oct. 23, Registration Fee is non-refundable.
- For other information about your retreat weekend - including transportation, other logistics, etc. - please visit our Retreat FAQ's page.
- Contact the Charis NYC team by emailing CharisRetreatNYC@gmail.com, or by calling (347) 619-CNYC.
About Charis NYC
CHARIS NYC is a ministry which presents Ignatian spirituality retreats in the Jesuit tradition by and for Catholic young adults of New York City. Since its founding in 2011, it has emerged as a leader in connecting participants to a vibrant 20s-30s Catholic community and fostering a closer relationship with God, through the Seekers Retreat and What Next? Retreat, peer-led weekends rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola. In 2015, the ministry introduces a third, brand-new retreat, the Still+Silent Retreat, developed and presented by the Charis NYC team. The ministry counts over 200 “alumni” from its retreats, with retreatants and ministers hailing from a diverse set of NYC parishes, groups, and organizations. Charis NYC is sponsored by The Jesuit Collaborative, which is a member of the Charis Partner Program. For more information: visit www.charis.nyc, like Charis NYC on Facebook, or follow @charisnyc on Twitter.
About The Jesuit Collaborative
THE JESUIT COLLABORATIVE, sponsor of Charis NYC, is a nonprofit organization that helps people grow closer to God through prayer and retreats in the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits). The Collaborative fosters collaboration between lay and religious men and women and offers a variety of innovative retreats and programs in diverse formats and settings to meet people where they are in their spiritual lives. Programs range from half-day to multi-day/week and are offered to teens, young adults, the Hispanic community, boards of directors, and other audiences. To learn more, visit www.jesuit-collaborative.org.
The Jesuit Collaborative, sponsor of Charis NYC,
is a member of the Charis Partner Program.