CHARIS NYC: OUR RETREAT VENUE
About Loyola Jesuit Center
Loyola Jesuit Center is located on over thirty acres of beautiful lawns, gardens and woodlands in a quiet section of Morristown in northern New Jersey. It is in this peaceful atmosphere that thousands of retreatants have come since 1927.
Loyola offers beautiful landscaped gardens surrounded by woodlands in a quiet, peaceful setting for reflection and contemplation. Indoors, the chapels, meeting spaces, dining hall and individual private rooms maintain a comfortable and tranquil environment for retreatants. Loyola is your “home away from home.”
- 90+ private, single accommodations with a sink and mirror in each room
- Two chapels for prayer and reflection
- 33 acres of woodland, ¾ mile walking path
- Beautiful gardens with flowers and plants
- Calming, soothing sounds of fountains
- Reflecting pool with fish
- Outdoor Stations of the Cross
- Library which holds a wonderful collection of books on the Bible, theology and spirituality
- Spacious meeting rooms
- Bookstore containing many books and religious articles for purchase
- Bright, Cozy Dining Room
- Freshly-prepared meals appropriate to the season
- Benches for resting
- Indigenous trees, plants, and wildlife
- The perfect environment for contemplation and meditation
Retreatants enjoy private rooms with a sink and mirror. All rooms are furnished with single beds, linens, towels, a small desk for study or writing and a kneeler for prayer. Showers are located on each floor.
Our talented Chefs prepare innovative, seasonal dishes to compliment your retreat experience. Meals are served family style in our beautiful, bright dining hall.
The gardens and surrounding woodlands play an important role in the retreat experience at Loyola. In this fast-paced world, it’s more important than ever to have a place to unplug from technology and plug-in to God through nature.
(Excerpted from the website of the Loyola Jesuit Center)
Directions & Contact
Loyola Jesuit Center
161 James Street
Morristown, NJ 07960
Retreat Center Phone: 973-539-0740
Charis NYC Phone: (347) 619-CNYC (2692)
This retreat house is easily accessible from Penn Station via New Jersey Transit’s Midtown Direct Line.