CHARIS NYC: OUR RETREAT VENUE
Excerpted from the website of:
Mariandale Retreat and Conference Center
Mariandale Retreat and Conference Center, located 35 miles north of New York City in Ossining in scenic Westchester County, is sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Hope.
Less than an hour’s drive or train ride from New York City, Mariandale is situated on 55 acres on the eastern bank of the Hudson River. Situated at the edge of a peaceful wooded area, the Center faces west to a view of the Palisades, overlooking the valley and its beautiful sunsets. This bucolic setting is the perfect place to get away for a weekend.
Individual rooms for overnight guests as well as ample space for small groups allow retreatants to rest, relax, and reconnect with God and others.
Mariandale’s chapel, with its African mahogany seating and circular plan, offers a quiet and prayerful space for meditation. A hammered bronze reredos with an abstract sculpture of the “Seven Gifts of the Holy Spirit” and the rich, gloriously colored, stained glass windows depicting “The Creed” provide a joyful atmosphere for the celebration of liturgy.
Mariandale Retreat & Conference Center
299 North Highland Avenue (Route 9)
Ossining, New York 10562
Charis NYC Phone: (347) 619-CNYC (2692)
Retreat Center Phone: (914) 941-4455
By Car (from NYC):
- Take NY-9A N and Saw Mill River Parkway N to NY-100 N/NY-9A N in Mount Pleasant.
- Take the New York 9A N/NY-100 N exit from Taconic State Parkway.
- Follow NY-9A N to Albany Post Rd/N Highland Ave in Ossining.
- Turn left onto Albany Post Rd/N Highland Ave.
- Turn right at Audubon Dr.
- From Grand Central Terminal, take the MTA Metro North's Hudson Line to Croton-Harmon Station.
- Fares will be Peak on a Friday afternoon/evening trip to Croton-Harmon (if your trip begins 4PM-8PM), and Off-Peak for return trips to Grand Central on Sunday afternoon.
- Ground Transport: For a Charis NYC retreat, the team will send you information about car pick-up's from Croton-Harmon to Mariandale, which will take place within a particular window. Otherwise, it's a short (about 5 minutes) ride to Mariandale by taxi. Toward the end of the retreat, the Charis NYC team will help organize carpools from Mariandale back to Croton-Harmon.