CHARIS NYC: 'WHAT NEXT?' RETREAT
Friday, March 31st, 2017
Through Sunday, April 2nd, 2017
Mariandale Retreat Center
299 North Highland Avenue
Ossining, NY 10562
Register by January 31st to get the early bird price of $235
Registrations after January 31st are $260
Registration for What's Next 2017 is now open. Sign up today. Space is limited.
Are you starting a new job?
Not sure where your relationship is headed?
Contemplating a change in your life?
As young adults in our 20s and 30s, our careers, living situations, relationships, and identities are always changing.
CHARIS NYC presents 'What Next?' - a peer-led weekend retreat.
- Explore the transitions that define who we are
- Take time away to reflect with other Catholic young adults
- Consider how faith can carry you through these transitions
What to Expect
Our 'What Next?' Retreat invites young men and women to participate in a long-standing tradition of our Church: going away to a “quiet place” to reflect on our lives.
On this retreat weekend, you'll encounter:
- Talks given by other Catholic young adults
- Small group faith-sharing
- Opportunities for liturgy, reconciliation & spiritual direction
- Time for rest, prayer and private reflection
- Time for casual conversation with others during meals and breaks
- Connecting spiritually and socially with others in their 20s & 30s
- Theological insights by priests and/or other pastoral ministers
Rooted in Ignatian spirituality, our 'What Next?' Retreat uses the Paschal Mystery as a frame-work to reflect on the transitions we go through in life. The retreat invites us to reflect on our Good Friday, Holy Saturday, and Easter Sunday moments, and on the tools our faith provides for our growth as we wait in hope.. Charis NYC retreats invite us to enter into intimate relationship with God in our concrete, lived experience.
Important Information: Please Read Carefully!
- Payment (online) or financial arrangements due at registration.
- Financial assistance is available! Do not let cost stand in the way of a grace-filled retreat weekend. Please contact us at CharisRetreatNYC@gmail.com for details.
- Cancellation Policy: Cancellations accepted for 50% refund of Registration Fee through specified deadline. After cancellation deadline, registration fee is non-refundable.
- For other information about your retreat weekend - including transportation, other logistics, etc. - please visit our Retreat FAQ's page.
If you would like to be notified when Charis NYC opens registration for all our retreat programs, please click the link below. By registering for our email updates, you'll be among the first to know!
About Charis NYC
CHARIS NYC is a ministry which presents Ignatian spirituality retreats by and for Catholic young adults of New York City. Since its founding in 2011, it has emerged as a leader in connecting participants to a vibrant 20s-30s Catholic community and fostering a closer relationship with God, through the Seekers Retreat and What Next? Retreat, peer-led weekends rooted in the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola. In 2015, the ministry introduced a third, brand-new retreat, the Still+Silent Retreat, developed and presented by the Charis NYC team. The ministry counts nearly 200 “alumni” from its retreats, with retreatants and ministers hailing from a diverse set of NYC parishes, groups, and organizations. Charis NYC is sponsored by The Jesuit Collaborative, which is a member of the Charis Ministries Retreat Partner Program. For more information: visit www.charis.nyc, like Charis NYC on Facebook, or follow @charisnyc on Twitter.
About The Jesuit Collaborative
THE JESUIT COLLABORATIVE, sponsor of Charis NYC, is a nonprofit organization that helps people grow closer to God through prayer and retreats in the tradition of St. Ignatius of Loyola, founder of the Society of Jesus (the Jesuits). The Collaborative fosters collaboration between lay and religious men and women and offers a variety of innovative retreats and programs in diverse formats and settings to meet people where they are in their spiritual lives. Programs range from half-day to multi-day/week and are offered to teens, young adults, the Hispanic community, boards of directors, and other audiences. To learn more, visit www.jesuit-collaborative.org.
The Jesuit Collaborative, sponsor of Charis NYC,
is a member of the Charis Ministries Retreat Partner Program.